L is for Ladybug

I'm so sorry... it has been a couple weeks since I last made a post. Please believe me when I say I've been so busy, blogging was the last thing on my mind.

The daycare theme last week was Ladybugs...
I did only one craft with the kids bc it took 3 days to complete.
I focused on the letter L and color Red.
Here is what I used.




For the next couple week I am going to be focusing on teaching kids their basic colors and all of the alpahabet. Everday we go through all the colors but after we do them twice we focus on the color of the weeek, which last week of course was Red.

I found these flash cards online at  AbcTeach
After I printed them out I laminted them. These are perfect for me to use and hand to the kids so they can get a better look at the color and word!



This is our craft of the week. This craft is simple and even my 2 yrs old could do most of the work themselves.


Supplies:
  • Paper Plate
  • Googly eyes
  • Red paint ( I used Crayola Tempera)
  • Paintbrush
  • Pipe Cleaners (Black)
  • Black Construction Paper
  • Scissors
  • Glue
Instructions:
  1. Have the children paint the paper plate red
  2. Once dry (which I let mine sit for 2 days,  just to make sure it was completley dry) let children glue black circles onto the painted part of the plate, glue on eyes also
  3. turn over and glue pipe cleaners (3 on each side, total of 6)
  4. Let glue dry completley
Wah-lah! So easy.


 
 
Like usual I did use my Clifford magazine for more learning.

 
I also had a few coloring sheets I used from workbooks I have on hand and online resources. You can easily use your search engine to do the same. I also use pinterest.
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed this post and will use some of my ideas.
 
XOXO,
 
Juana
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts