Ways to Use Flax Seed

Today's post is dedicated to Flax Seed. I am incorporating flax seed into my diet. I am trying to be healthier-not only for my health but to lose weight and get back confidence I've lost in myself. I have a blog dedicated to my weight loss journey, the link will be below.

Anyhoo, a few months ago my mother  bought me a bag of flax seed with Omega 3. It's been sitting in my cabinet for 2 to 3 months untouched. So yesterday I decided it was time to use my seeds. I made a smoothie in my Ninja blender single serve cup and put 1 teaspoon of flax seed in it. I used strawberries, bananas, organic honey ( my sister who lives FL goes and gets her own honey straight from the bees-trust me you can tell the difference), and 1/4 cup almond milk( I hate milk and yogurt). I blended it up and wah la! easy peezie. I really did not taste any "nutty" flavor like the bag says but hey I'm not complaining.

So as I was sipping my smoothie I tried to come up with ideas and ways to sneak seeds in bc hey my whole family can benefit from them. So this morning I made regular pancakes but stuck a teaspoon of seeds in the mix(blended them up in the single serve cup). You can the dust they become in the mix but they bring no flavor to the table, pancakes tasted the same, maybe I'm imagining it but they seemed fluffier. So here is my list of where you can put flax seed. Comment below if you've tried or know any different ways.....


  • Smoothies
  • Pancakes
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • Water
  • Cake
  • Cookies
  • Soup
    Juice
  • Spaghetti Sauce
  • Alfredo Sauce
  • Dips
  • Casseroles
 
 
 
 
Visit my weight loss blog!
 
 
Until Next Time,
 
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts