Sweet Magnolias Three Cheese Mac N Cheese Casserole

Hello everyone! I am back with a recipe. It has been quite awhile since I have done a post. It has been a stressful, long, hot and just down right exhausting summer. Things like my blogs have been last or not even on my list. I have a couple minutes of peace and quite this evening since my husband went to our town meeting.

So... since it's been so long since I have done a post I figured why not a recipe? The other night I made this recipe for the first time. My daughter hates mac n cheese ( yeah she's weird) but my husband LOVED it. He swooned over this one so much even the next day he was STILL talking about it. I even gave some leftovers to my daycare children and they loved it too! So you know this is good. I found this recipe in this cookbook:




Three Cheese Mac N Cheese Casserole

Serves 10-12

Ingredients :
  • 1 pound elbow macaroni
  • 2 cups (8ounces) shredded smoked Gouda, divided
  • 4 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1(8ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • dash cayenne pepper


STEPS:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. generously grease a 3 quart casserole or baking dish. Distribute 1/2 the cooked macaroni in the bottom of the dish
  3. combine shredded cheese. Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups cheese mixture over macaroni. layer with remaining macaroni and an additional 1 1/2 cups cheese mixture
  4. Blend remaining ingredients together. Pour over casserole. Cover tightly, and bake 45 minutes.
  5. Remove cover, and top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Return to oven, and bake 10 minutes more.



once the mac n cheese was done I actually mixed it all up as soon as I took it out the oven. PERFECTION.

 
 
( this is not my picture, I found this one online.  Like usual  I forgot to take one.)



Enjoy my loves!





Comments

Popular Posts